Monday, February 28, 2011

Unknown

The trailer for Unknown looked incredibly promising. Taken was one of my favorite fast paced action movies since the Bourne movies. This was advertised in the exact same manner so I was expecting a similar movie. I did enjoy the movie, but it was definitely not Taken with a new story line. The movie was the same general premise, take a B-List action movie and add Liam Neeson and hope it becomes gold.

None of the acting was spectacular, Liam played the same role he played in Taken but add in the confusion of his amnesia and maybe even his insanity. The action scenes were few and far between sadly. I thought this movie's selling point was going to be the action, but it seemed they decided to try to focus more on the twist(s). I don't want to ruin it for you in case you plan on seeing it, but in the end it does become kind of far-fetched and ridiculous. Still entertaining though. It reminded me of Salt (which I thoroughly enjoyed), but it didn't have nearly as much action.

There is little to none character development. No one should go into this movie expecting any, but it is always nice to have a few scenes to get to know the character and become more attached with them and enthralled in the movie. All in all I did enjoy this movie, it is always nice sitting it out and seeing the twists. It was just advertised wrongly for how the movie actually went. Throw away your expectations and go into this movie and you should be pretty entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment